This unique and patented tunable light-source, TLS03, uses dedicated LEDs as well as a linear monochromator. Different from systems using Xenon lamps which require filters and a mechanical chopper, the concept of the TLS03 provides high light intensity along with a low spectral half-width and a multitude of features unique for this kind of instruments. Furthermore, LEDs can be modulated much faster than a mechanical chopper. Using a tuneable lightsource offers unrivaled levels of time savings and flexibility when running experiments requiring several different wavelengths, or modulating wavelengths.
The TLS03 is available with a standard wavelength range of 365 nm to 1020 nm and with an extended range of 295 nm to 1020 nm.
Benefits of TLS03 Compared to Xe-Lamp Monochromator Chopper Arrangements
- Easy light weigthed "in a box"
- High power efficiency
- No warm up time
- Higher useable light intensity
- Higher modulation frequency
- Real sine-wave modulation without harmonic distortion
- Switchable background illumination
- PTB traceable sensor integrated
- Reference cell not necessary
- No sample repositioning